McDonald's Junior Grants Program 2018-19Coffs Harbour Nambucca Grafton - Terms and Conditions
PART ONE: Statement of Mission and Purpose
Mission: Provide sponsorship to individual children and junior community groups to encourage and grow the next generation in the Coffs Harbour, Nambucca and Grafton areas.
Purpose: The McDonald’s Junior Grants Program Coffs Harbour Nambucca Grafton (“Grants Program”) has been developed to provide junior individuals and non for profit groups with funding to encourage the development of academic, sporting, community, cultural and social endeavours. The Grants Program aims to nurture local juniors in their chosen field and encourage the excellence amongst young Australians living in the Coffs Harbour, Nambucca and Grafton areas.
PART TWO: Conditions and Method of AppliCation
1. Information on how to apply and the grants form part of these Terms and Conditions. Submitting an application for a Grants Program is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by each applicant. Application is via internet only.
2. There are twelve (12) funding rounds closing on the last day of each month. Applications may be submitted for each of the funding rounds in the 28 days preceding the end of the funding round. Applications may be submitted once annually for each financial year.
Who can apply:
3. To be an Eligible Applicant, applicants must be under 18 years of age or the school, group, organisation or association that organises junior activities, participates in junior activities or otherwise creates opportunities for the development of junior individuals and groups.
In addition, they must demonstrate that they fit within the following set of criteria:
a. The school, group or individual must be a not for profit organisation.
b. The individual, school, group, organisation or association must be located in, and must be based in Coffs Harbour, Nambucca or Grafton local government areas.
4. The following are not eligible to apply:
a. Business organisations;
b. Religious, political or sectarian organisations;
c. Trade Unions or Student Bodies;
d. Research Foundations and Trusts;
e. Professional Associations; and
f. Organisations registered as companies incorporated for profit making purposes.
How to apply:
5. To apply for Grants Program, an Eligible Applicant (or nominated representative of the Eligible Applicant) must, during the Application Period for any funding round, access the website https://mymaccas.com/juniorgrantsprogram (“Website”) and complete the following steps:
a. Complete all details in the application form, including:
i. Name and contact details of the nominated representative/contact person;
ii. Name and contact details of the Eligible Applicant; then
iii. Upload a photograph of the team, group or individual that will benefit from the grant;
b. Describe in 200 words or less:
i. What project the Eligible Applicant will use the grant for;
ii. What benefit will be gained by the Eligible Applicant’s project being achieved?
c. Confirm that the person submitting the application has the authority of the Applicant to do so.
PART THREE: Selection of SuCCessful AppliCants
6. All eligible applications will be reviewed by an assessment panel at McDonald’s Coffs Harbour office within two weeks after the end of each Application Period. The assessment panel will consist of one representative from Cadmun P/L , and two other representatives nominated by Cadmun P/L (“The Panel”). The Panel will assess all eligible applications based on the following criteria:
a. The Eligible Applicant’s demonstrated need for the grant;
b. The relevance and significance of the project described by the Eligible Applicant (with reference to the mission and purpose of the Grants Program);
c. Whether the Eligible Applicant has demonstrated how their project will achieve the purpose of the grant scheme.
7. The Panel will shortlist Successful Applicants based on the above criteria. Payment of grants will be subject to verification of each Successful Applicant’s particulars in accordance with these terms and conditions. Chance plays no part in determining the Successful Applicants. Successful Applicant’s details may be published within 4 weeks of the end of each Application Period on the Website and in local newspapers. All recipients will be notified by telephone and email (if provided). All reasonable steps to notify recipients of the results of the assessment panel will be taken by the Grants Program. The Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Grants Program reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and if an Eligible Applicant is a Successful Applicant, they will be required to provide the following proof of eligibility before the grant will be awarded:
a. Certificate of Incorporation (if applicable);
10. Grants Program reserves the right to disqualify any Applicant for: a) tampering with the application process; or b) for submitting an application which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or c) if the Applicant engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the grant scheme. Grants Program’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
11. Any costs associated with accessing the Website remain the responsibility of each applicant and are dependent on the Internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the Promotional Website shall be deemed invalid and will result in an ineligible application.
12. Multiple applications are permitted. However, each application must be submitted separately and must independently comply with these Terms and Conditions. The same 200 word or less response cannot be used in more than one application and multiple entries by applicants must be substantially unique. Applications received will be considered final by the Grants Program. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Internet entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. The Grants Program accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
13. Any application that contains content that Grants Program or CADMUN P/L, in their absolute discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that they consider, in their absolute discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an application is at the sole discretion of the Grants Program and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Total maximum value of grants available for each individual recipient is $250 and each group recipient is $500. Once determined, grants will be given in the form of a cheque in the name of the Successful Applicant or via electronic banking transfer. Grants are not transferable or exchangeable. Grants Program accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the receipt of the grants. Independent financial advice should be sought.
15. Grants Program reserves the right to request an applicant to produce (within the requested time) appropriate identification or any other documentation (to the Grants Program’s satisfaction at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the applicant’s identity, incorporation status, address and email address, eligibility to apply for a grant and any information submitted by the applicant in submitting an application for a grant (including, where an applicant’s nominated representative is under 18 years of age, consent of that person’s parent or legal guardian and also the name, age and address of the parent or legal guardian that gave their consent) before issuing a grant. If the documentation required by Grants Program is not received by Grants Program (or its nominated agent) or the applicant’s eligibility has not been verified or validated to the Grants Program satisfaction within the time requested, the application will be deemed invalid. A grant will only be awarded following any Successful Applicant’s validation and verification that Grants Program requires in its sole discretion.
16. Grants Program and McDonald’s Australia Limited, its franchisees and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with using any grant, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Grant Program and its associated agencies and companies accept no liability for prizes lost or damaged in transit.
17. Grants Program will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this grants scheme if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of Grants Program including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
18. The use of any automated application software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an applicant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that applicant invalid.
19. Grants Program is not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to applicant’s or any other person’s computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this grants scheme or the downloading of any materials related to this grants scheme.
20. If for any reason this funding round is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Grants Program which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this funding round, then Grants Program reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the grants scheme.
21. Caution: Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Website or the information on the Website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this grants scheme may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, Grants Program reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If Grants Program suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by an applicant, the applicant agrees to indemnify Grants Program for those losses, damages and costs.
22. As a condition of submitting an application, an applicant consents to Grant Program and CADMUN P/L using the applicant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a recipient and also to procure the participation and use of the relevant Applicant group’s name (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this grants scheme (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Grants Program and/or CADMUN P/L. The applicant agrees that, in the event they are a Successful Applicant, the applicant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the grants scheme as requested by Grants Program and its agents.
24. “Grants Program” means the McDonald’s Junior Grants Program Coffs Harbour Nambucca Grafton supported and underpinned by Cadmun P/L, ABN 32705178754.
AppliCations Now Open
If you are a local Coffs Harbour, Nambucca or Grafton child or junior group who needs assistance with your adademic, sporting, community, cultural or social project, we want to hear from you. Tell us how the McDonald’s Junior Grant can help you achieve your dreams!